Edition 1518
23 March 2019
Edition: 1518

Read this week's issue online exactly as it appears in print.

Twitter

Algarve approves reduction of cost of public transport by 50%

by TPN/Lusa, in Algarve · 09-03-2019 07:30:00 · 0 Comments

The Intermunicipal Community of the Algarve (AMAL), in southern Portugal, have approved a reduction of the cost of public transport by 50%, a measure that is likely to be applied by May, a source from the entity said.

Algarve approves reduction of cost of public transport by 50%

 

The AMAL said in a statement that the measure was approved unanimously at a meeting on Friday at the inter-municipal council.

 

The reduction will be achieved through funds from the Environment Fund that represents around $1 million this year in the case of AMAL, corresponding to 97.5% of the overall amount. The remaining 2.5% will come from municipalities.

 

The statement pointed out that the measure aimed to increase public transport usage and to contribute towards saving the environment.

Comments

Be the first to comment on this article

Interactive Topics, send us your comments/opinion on this article.


Edition 1518
23 March 2019
Edition: 1518

Read this week's issue online exactly as it appears in print.

Twitter

Pub

  • Intermarche
  • Veronica Pisco Lawyer
  • Audiocare
  • Malo Clinic
  • Land and Houses
  • Blacktower
  • Nobel International School
  • Cris Piessens
  • Abacoz
  • Linen Etc
  • Toldolanda

Portugal in the world press

Powered by Google