Edition 1437
19 August 2017
Edition: 1437

Read this week's issue online exactly as it appears in print.

Twitter

Three treated for smoke inhalation following fire at Lisbon Sheraton

in Regional · 16-02-2017 12:30:00 · 0 Comments

Rooms at the Sheraton hotel in Lisbon had to be evacuated on Tuesday lunchtime after a fire broke out in the building.

Three people required medical assistance for smoke inhalation. Guests were evacuated from their rooms and told to congregate in the lobby after a fire ignited on the 21st floor following an electrical short circuit.
The local fire department said one of the victims was a Swedish man, but there was no information about the nationality or seriousness of the other two.
Eight fire engines and 25 fire-fighters were at the scene; the fire was extinguished shortly after.

Comments

Be the first to comment on this article

Interactive Topics, send us your comments/opinion on this article.


Please enter the letters as they are
shown in the image.
Letters are not case-sensitive.
Edition 1437
19 August 2017
Edition: 1437

Read this week's issue online exactly as it appears in print.

Twitter